Are you traveling to a dream destination this summer for vacation? If you are, why not take the time to create some DIY postcards and send it to your friends and family? Not only does it show your affection but it also lets you share your amazing experiences in a unique and artistic way. All that’s required are just some basic art and craft supplies and your creative mindset.
Plain White Paper
Floral Scrapbook Paper
Translucent Plastic Sheet
Small Artificial Flowers
Hot Glue Gun
Sharpies, Pen, Pencil
Photos of yourself with friends and family
Vacation Destination Postcard
- Place tracing paper over the map of your travel destination (or hometown) and trace its border with a pencil then cut it out.
- Fold a piece of cardstock paper in half, place the map cutout over the card’s front page and trace it.
- Insert a piece of hardboard inside the card (to prevent the other page from getting cut), with the help of a ruler for alignment, use the utility knife to cut off the map.
- Decorate your card! Glue some floral scrapbook paper inside the card or write some cheerful phrases on the cover with a white sharpie.
Road Trip Postcard
- On your computer, place a car image on the right side of a horizontal page layout
- Print it out on cardstock paper.
- Fold it in half, now you have the car as the card’s cover.
- Use a small scissor to cut off the car windows.
- Cut out a small piece of translucent plastic sheet and glue it on the back of the card’s cover, over the window area.
- Use photos of yourself and your friends or family. Locate an area inside the card to glue the photos so that it can display through the car’s windows.
- Now you’re all going on a road trip!
Chic Portrait Postcard
- Print out a portrait outline from online to use as the cover of your card.
- Use any color of cardstock paper, fold in half.
- Leave a 1/2-inch margin around the portrait and glue it to the card.
- Cut out some flowers from a sheet of floral print scrapbook paper.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the flower cut-out and some artificial flowers onto the portrait to decorate it.
- Use a font of your choice, type out “WI:NE” and “it’s wine o’clock let’s celebrate” on your computer then print it out.
- Cut the words out and place it on a cardstock paper which is folded in half.
- Use pencil lead to black out the back of the word, “WI:NE”, flip it and trace the words onto the card cover. Color in the traced text with a white sharpie
- Arrange the sentence strips in your desired pattern and glue it onto the card cover.
Floral Greeting Card
- Fold a white cardstock paper in half. Cut 2 pieces of flower scrapbook paper, leaving a 1/2-inch margin on the card and glue it on the card’s cover and back.
- Print or write the text “FLOWER OF MY LIFE ” on a piece of translucent paper and cut out in a rhombus shape, glue it onto the center of the card cover.
- Use a sharpie to trace around the rhombus shape to give it a finishing look.
Now you can proudly mail these creatively customized postcards to your friends and family to either give them a taste of your fine artistry or fabulous vacation.
Follow our video tutorial above and check out our end results!
Tried making it at home? Share your results with us on Facebook, or Instagram.
Thanks to Oksana Matyash for sharing her video with us, check out more on her channel.