Aesthetically appealing ornaments are key components to a beautiful home, the right decoration can instantly brighten and accentuate the atmosphere of your room. If you want to upgrade your house on a budget, these 4 DIY decoration projects will inspire you.
Heart-Shaped Wall Decor
1. Draw and cut out a heart shape from the cardboard, then draw a smaller heart shape in the middle and cut out the middle to create a heart-shaped frame.
2. Use hot glue gun to attach popsicle sticks vertically around the heart-shaped frame, flip it over and attach it on the back as well.
3. Cut a bunch of popsicle sticks in half and glue around the heart on the front. Take the heart-shaped stone and run the hot glue gun around its edges, attach it in the middle of the heart board.
4. Glue the artificial plants and flowers onto the middle of the heart for decoration.
1. Print out the words “You Turn My World Upside Down,” use a pencil to black out the back of the text, then place the sheet over the middle of the board, trace the words onto the board and paint over it in black.
2. Turn the board with text upside down, use the hot glue gun to attach the hook on its left and right side.
3. Attach both ends of the metal chain onto the board.
4. Display the board by hanging it on the wall with text upside down, use the hook to hang your keys.
Customized iPhone Pop-Socket
1. Attach the small side of the plastic suction cup to the heart-shaped stone, then run hot glue gun around the rim of the suction cup area.
2. Place your smartphone inside the phone case, attach the suction cup on the back of your phone case. Your cute, personalized smartphone pop-socket is done!
Cute Storage Basket
1. Print out a template of a rectangular-shaped container basket, trace and cut out the felt fabric according to the template.
2. Use the sewing machine to stitch decorations onto the felt.
3. Fold the felt into the basket, you can now store all your beauty products inside this cute, decorated basket.
Making your own home decor is a fun process you will enjoy and feel greatly rewarding in the end. Not only are you able to save money but also refine your creative skills, so in the future, you won’t have to worry about not being able to find your desired home decoration again since everything is easier and better when you can DIY!
Thanks to Oksana Matyash for sharing her video with us, check out more on her channel.