If you are someone who tosses away your old, out of season clothes without a thought, then now should be the time for you to change this wasteful habit and give those clothes a second chance. Just by following some easy steps you can transform old clothes into useful items and new fashion styles. Here we have 5 no-sew clothing makeover ideas for you.
No Sew Denim Waist Apron
- Cut off one leg of the jeans right under the crotch area, cut through the leg vertically into one piece and remove the elastic from the cuff of the pants.
- Cut off the bottom hem of the skirt into a long strip, thread the strip through a paper clip and insert the paper clip through the pants cuff (the area where you removed the elastic) until it comes out through the other side.
- Place the denim piece with the inner side facing up, squeeze fabric fusion around the three sides of the denim piece, (all except the side of the pants cuff) fold the sides 1-inch over.
- Measure and cut off a rectangular piece based on the size you want the apron pocket to be. Apply fabric fusion around 2 sides of the width and 1 side of the length and fold the sides over.
- Apply fabric fusion over the three hemmed sides of the fabric and attach the piece on to the apron at where you want the pocket to be, fold over the top of the pocket and secure the sides with fabric fusion.
- This stylish and practical apron is perfect to wear around the kitchen when you’re cooking or cleaning.
DIY No Sew Denim Pouch
- Use the sheared jeans from the previous DIY, cut off a large rectangular piece around the bottom pocket area, trim the sides to remove any frayings.
- Place the piece of denim with the insides facing up, apply fabric fusion around all three sides except the side with elastic, fold the sides over.
- Flip the fabric over, cut out a long slit 1 cm thick above the pocket area to create a handle.
- Use this handy pouch to carry your phone, keys or wallet.
Shirt to Skirt Transformation
- Unbutton the shirt and wrap it around your waist.
- Button up the shirt until it stays at your waist area.
- Tie the two sleeves together in a knot at the sides, tuck in any loose fabric.
Shirt to Tube Top Transformation
- Put on the shirt and unbutton it until it’s wide enough to slide down and stay at your chest area.
- Bring the right sleeve towards the upper left side and tuck it in at the back, bring the left sleeve towards the upper right side and tuck it in at the back.
Shirt to Off-the-Shoulder Tie-Front Top
- Put on the shirt and unbutton it until it’s wide enough to slide down both your shoulders, tuck the shirt collar and sides of the shirt in as you slide it down your shoulders.
- Roll up both sleeves neatly at your elbows.
- Unbutton the bottom of the shirt and tie the two sides together into a knot.
- Successfully transformed your old shirt into a trendy top within minutes!