We mostly think of salt as a humble ingredient used mainly in food, but did you know that salt is actually packed with various benefits that can improve your health and beauty? Today we will show you 8 ways you can use salt at home as natural remedies and part of your beauty routine, and trust me you’ll be more than thankful to have learned these methods.
- Pour 3 cups of warm water into the bowl, add in 1 tbsp of salt and mix to dissolve.
- Soak your fingertips in the water for 10-15 minutes. This helps to strengthen your nails and promotes stronger, faster growth.
Salt Mouth Wash
- Pour 3 cups of warm water into the bowl, add in ½ tbsp of salt and ½ tbsp of baking soda, mix to dissolve.
- Rinse your mouth with the liquid. This mouthwash sanitizes your mouth and reduces bad breath.
Improves Oral Health
- Mix together ¼ tbsp of baking soda and ¼ tbsp of salt in the bowl.
- Wet your toothbrush, scoop 1 tsp of the mixture onto the toothbrush and use it to brush your teeth. This neutralizes the acidity in your mouth and kills off bacteria.
Salt Face Toner
1 Large Bowl
A Spray Bottle
- Pour ¼ cup of hot water into the bowl, add in 1 tbsp of salt and mix to dissolve.
- Pour the liquid into the spray bottle.
- Spray the liquid onto your face and wipe off excess moisture with a towel.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of salt evenly onto your hair.
- Wet your fingertips and gently massage the salt into your scalp. This method helps to reduce dandruff and oily scalp.
Reduce Puffy Eyes
1 Large Bowl
2 Cotton pads
- Pour 1 cup of hot water into the bowl, add in 1 tbsp of salt, stir to dissolve and let it cool down.
- Dip the cotton pads into the water and place one pad on each of your eyes.
- Leave the cotton pads on for 15 minutes.
Salt Foot Bath
- Pour 20 cups of hot water into the basin, add in 4 tbsp of salt and mix to dissolve.
- Soak your feet in the water for 10 – 20 minutes, remove your feet from the water and dry it with a towel.
- The salt will remove odors, and also help to alkalinize and relax your body.
2-Ingredient Face Mask
- In the bowl mix together 4 tbsp of honey with 2 tbsp of salt.
- Apply the mixture onto your face and leave it on for 15 minutes then wash off. This natural, 2 ingredient face mask will cleanse and moisturize your skin, leaving it soft and glowing.
Follow our video tutorial above and check out our end results!
Tried making it at home? Share your results with us on Facebook, or Instagram.