What makes a better DIY craft project than beautiful origami flowers? They’re easy to create, looks fantastic by itself or as a home decor. And everybody loves flowers! Today we will show you 4 ways to make artificial flowers that will look as gorgeous as the real thing!
Beautiful Origami Flowers
- Measure and cut out 2 pieces of yellow tissue paper and 1 piece of green tissue paper to 5 inches wide.
- Place the pen on one end of the yellow tissue paper and start rolling to wrap the paper tightly around the pen.
- When you’ve reached the end, take the other piece of yellow tissue paper and continue wrapping to the end, then take the green tissue paper and start wrapping to the end.
- Remove the pen, take the scroll of paper and locate the area ⅓ from the ends, cut a slit at the area.
- Turn the scroll vertically, cut through the ⅔ remaining area and flip it open to reveal the layers of paper inside.
- Trim the end of the yellow tissue paper to make it round.
- Fold over the green tissue paper and cut off the end.
- Starting from the insides, pull on the first piece of yellow tissue paper to bring out a string of “petals,” pull gently and slowly to avoid tearing.
- When you’ve pulled out all the yellow petals, wrap it around the green tissue paper, which is the “stem.” Pinch the stem to tighten it.
Origami Blooming Peonies
- Stack 3 sheets of light pink and 3 sheets of hot pink tissue papers together, fold up 1 inch of it from the bottom, then fold up another 1 inch to the backside.
- Keep folding the paper back and forth accordion style until it forms a strip.
- Staple the center of the paper strip twice to secure.
- Use the scissors to trim the two ends of the strip to make it round.
- Gently stretch open the flaps on one side of the strip.
- Starting from the uppermost piece, fold up the tissue papers layer by layer to create the flower petals.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the remaining side of the strip.
Easy Butterfly Flowers
- Cut out five circles which are one smaller than the other.
- Light the candle, run the edges of each fabric piece against the flame to prevent fraying.
- Take the largest fabric piece and squeeze hot glue onto its center, top it with the second largest piece, and continue gluing on the remaining smaller circles on top of each other.
- Glue the pom pom at the center, use the scissors to cut out narrow triangular slits at the sides of the flower to create the petals.
3-Ingredient DIY Lavender Flowers
- Pour the beads into the bowl.
- Take one chenille stem, apply a generous amount of glue on one end of the stem.
- Dip the glue end into the beads and turn the stem around inside the bowl to ensure enough beads gets attached evenly onto the glue.
- Use your fingers to shape the beads, let it sit to dry for 1-2 hours.