Dropped your favorite eyeshadow? Want to reuse old lipstick? Whether you are looking for tips on fixing your makeup products or how to make your own beauty essentials, these 4 DIY beauty hacks have got you covered. Read on for helpful tips on saving money on beauty items!
DIY 2-in-1 Lipstick Hack
- Swivel-up the entire lipstick, use the knife to slice off half of the lipstick and retract it back inside.
- Take an equal portion of lip balm, place the lip balm in a spoon.
- Light the candle and put the spoon over it until the lip balm dissolves completely.
- Pour the melted lip balm into the empty half of the lipstick, leave it to cool.
- After the lip balm has cooled off and solidified, slice off any uneven parts of it on top.
- Your 2 in 1 lipstick is done, put it on to give your lips a nice pop of color and moisturization at the same time!
How to Restore Your Broken Eyeshadow
- Use the spoon to break down the eyeshadow into powder form them press over it to shape it back to its prior form.
- Pour 1 tsp of rubbing alcohol over the eyeshadow, place a piece of paper towel over it then press the coin over the drying eyeshadow to pack it tight in its case and flatten the surface.
- Remove the coin and paper towel, let the eyeshadow sit to dry for 10 minutes. You’ll find your broken eyeshadow whole again and restored to new condition!
All-Natural Cucumber Rosewater Toner
- Slice cucumbers and place into the mortar, use the pestle to crush the cucumbers to release its juice.
- Place the sieve over a bowl, pour the crushed cucumbers over to strain out the juice, dispose of the cucumber flesh.
- Add ½ cup of rose water to the cucumber juice and 5-6 drops of essential oil, mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the liquid bottle container, and there you have it, your own skin moisturizing and cleansing toner.
DIY Berry Fruity Lip Balm
- Put the raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries into the mortar, use the pestle to finely crush the berries.
- Place the sieve over a bowl, pour the crushed berries over it and press the berry paste with a spoon to help strain out the juice.
- Place beeswax in a small bowl and put it over boiling water to dissolve.
- Pour the melted beeswax into the berry juice, mix well to combine then transfer the mixture into the cream case to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled and solidified, your homemade, all natural lip balm is ready for use, rub it over your lips to keep it moisturized all winter!