It’s midday and you’re starting to grow sluggish, drowsy, and groggy. It’s been several hours since you ate lunch and now, the thought of purchasing those bag of chips from the vending machine or gobbling up a slice of chocolate cake seems way too appealing to admit. So here we have a vegan recipe to give you a healthy alternative.
Regardless of whether you heard about the benefits or dangers of snacking, one thing is certain: you can’t function on an empty stomach. Not eating can greatly impact our energy levels and our mood. Instead of eating sugar-packed or processed foods, consider upping your snack game with these delicious superfood-packed energy balls made from raw cacao powder, dates, Camu Camu powder, and Baobab powder.
But why use Cacao?
Cacao is a good source of iron, calcium, and magnesium and contains more antioxidants than blueberries. Cacao is also a notable source of theobromine, which is a bitter alkaloid similar to the effects of caffeine by boosting mood and energy levels.
The Camu Camu Powder and Organic Baobab powder are both superfoods high in Vitamin C that also help boost your energy levels, while dates are high in fiber and help aid in digestion, promotes brain health, are full of antioxidants, and are natural sweeteners.
Sounds feasible? Let’s make them!
Here’s what you need:
Blender or food processor
Big spoon or Whisk for stirring
Measuring tools for ingredients
Large plate or tray
¼ cup of Sun Potion’s Cacao Bliss Alchemy Blend
½ cup of 100% cacao powder
½ cup of coconut oil
1 Tablespoon Camu Camu powder
1 Tablespoon of Organic Baobab powder
10 Medjool dates (pitted)
1 handful of organic unsweetened coconut flakes
(Optional) Shredded coconut for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine Sun Potion’s Cacao bliss alchemy blend with 100% cacao and coconut oil. Mix until it becomes nice and thick. If the mixture is too watery, add more cacao powder. If the mixture is too thick and difficult to work with, add more coconut oil.
2. Add the Camu Camu Powder and Organic Baobab powder to the cacao mixture and stir until well incorporated. Set aside and prepare the blender.
3. Take the dates and process them using a blender until broken down. After processing, you should be left with a chunky and sticky paste.
4. Add the processed dates to the cacao mixture and stir until combined.
5. Add a handful of thick unsweetened coconut flakes into the mixture and stir again until completely coated.
6. Use your hands to scoop the mixture and roll into bite-sized balls. Transfer the cacao balls onto a plate.
7. Store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy the next day!