Patbingsu (Korean Red Bean Shaved Ice)
- 24–30 ice cubes (enough for about 6 cups shaved ice)
- 2/3 cup condensed milk, chilled (or to taste)
- 1 cup sweet red bean paste
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries), or any fruit of your choice (mango, watermelon, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chapssaltteok, or mochi
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, crushed
- 4 Pepero or Pocky cookie sticks, for garnish
- Sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
Place two large bowls into the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
Using an ice shaver machine, shave the plain ice into the bowls according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Drizzle the condensed milk over the ice, and dollop with the sweet red bean paste. Scoop the vanilla ice cream on top and scatter the berries over. Dot with mochi pieces and sprinkle over the candied nuts. Add the Pepero sticks and mint sprigs.