Who could’ve thought that hemp rope can be used to make so many useful things? From room fresheners, plant holder, to coaster. If you’re someone who enjoys DIY home decor projects but finds most of them difficult and long to follow, these 5 easy and fun craft ideas should solve your problem.
Hemp Rope Storage Basket
- Lay out the fabric on a flat surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Apply glue on the fabric and attach one end of the rope onto it.
- Glue the rope as you swirl it around itself to form a circle base.
- Continue until the circle base reaches your desired basket size.
- After you’re done with the base, we’ll create the walls of your basket by gluing on top of the outermost circle of rope.
- Continue to glue the rope on top of itself until the sides have reached your desired height.
- Cut off the rope and seal the end with a hot glue gun.
- Flip the basket over and trim off excess fabric around the base, your cute and artsy storage basket is done!
Easiest-to-Make Photo Display
- Measure and cut out 6 pieces of 24-inch-long hemp rope.
- Place the wooden dowels parallel to each other.
- You will need to tie 5 pieces of rope to the wooden dowels. Tie a piece of rope to the dowel, and tie the other end of it to the corresponding area on the other dowel. Repeat this for 4 other ropes and leave a 2-inch space between each rope.
- Now you can create a hanger. Tie the last piece of rope onto the top dowel. Tie one end of the rope to the left end of the dowel and the other end on the right end of the dowel.
- Use the clothespins to clip your photos onto the ropes, hang it on your wall to proudly display your treasured moments.
Make a Macrame Plant Holder in 10 Minutes
- Measure and cut off 8 pieces of 24-inch-long hemp strings.
- Hold the ropes together and tie a knot at the top.
- Separate the 8 strings into 4 groups of 2 strings.
- Tie each group of two strings together with a knot 1 inch beneath the top knot.
- Place the strings on a flat surface. Tie the right string from the leftmost group together with the left string of the second group.
- Continue tying the strings together in the same manner for the rest of the groups.
- Tie the left string of the first group and the right string of the fourth group together.
- You just created a diamond-patterned net where you can place your plants in. Hang it to display!
3-Minute Rope Coaster
- Glue the hemp rope onto the fabric using a glue gun.
- Form a 6-inch square by zigzagging the rope left and right.
- Cut off the excess rope and seal the ends with a hot glue gun.
- Trim off the fabric around the coaster. Ta-da, now you have a cute, low-cost coaster.
Flower-Scented Sachet Room Freshener
- Measure out the desired width and length of your sachet, cut the burlap fabric exactly to the width and twice the length.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, thread the needle and sew up the left and right sides running stitch style, leave a 1 cm margin at the end.
- When you’re done sewing up the sides, fold down the 1 cm margin and sew across the area horizontally to prevent fraying.
- Flip the sachet inside out.
- Fill the insides with scented flowers and tie up the opening with a ribbon. Voila, your natural, handmade air freshener is done!