Could there be anything worse than dropping your favorite lipstick on the bacteria-infested floor? Or getting your makeup stained by dirty sponge blenders? If you are someone who values your skin’s health, then you must learn these 6 methods on how to clean your beauty products.
How to Sanitize Lipstick
1 Mason Jar
1 Cup of Rubbing Alcohol
- Pour 1 cup of rubbing alcohol into the mason jar
- Put the lipstick without its cap vertically into the mason jar
- Seal the mason jar lid. Lay it onto its side so the lipstick can be submerged in rubbing alcohol.
- Take the lipstick out after 5 minutes. It is now clean and ready to use!
Hassle-Free Lash Curler Cleaning
Cotton Pads or Paper Towels
- Remove the eyelash curler rubber pad.
- Use the lighter to heat up the eyelash curler clamps (especially area with mascara build-up) for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Wipe the area clean with a cotton pad or paper towel and reinstall the rubber pad. Your lash curler is as good as new!
Keep Makeup Brushes As Good As New
1 Hot Glue Gun
Liquid Brush Cleanser
- On one side of the plate, use the hot glue gun to create a series of zig-zag lines. On the other side of the plate, glue a bunch of dots and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Pour warm water into a bowl.
- Pour the liquid brush cleanser onto the plate. Hold it over the bowl of warm water, and swirl your makeup brushes over the plate’s zig-zag grains to clean it.
- Hang your brushes with elastic on a hanger to dry.
Clean Your Beauty Blenders
- Pour warm water into a bowl and stir in some hand soap.
- Soak your dirty makeup blenders in the water and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl and pour everything into another bowl with clean, cold water.
- Rinse the makeup blenders by gently squeezing them.
- Remove the makeup blenders and rinse again in clean water.
- Squeeze out excess water and allow it to dry.
Quick and Easy Way to Clean Falsies
- Pour warm water into a bowl and stir in makeup remover to dissolve.
- Use the tweezer to grasp the falsies and cleanse it in the water mixture, place it on top of paper towels to dry.
Keep Pencil Sharpeners Clean for Your Eyeliners
- Take off the sharpener’s cap and brush off any pencil shavings.
- Pour warm water into a bowl and stir in cleansing lotion to dissolve, wash the pencil sharpener in the mixture and dry with paper towel.
Follow our video tutorial above and check out our end results!
Tried making it at home? Share your results with us on Facebook, or Instagram.