French braids exhibit an exceptional type of charm that makes it timelessly beautiful and a fabulous hairstyle choice for girls of all ages. If you’re like me who adores the elegance of a french braid but is clueless on how to create one, this tutorial on how to french braid for beginners will be your perfect guide.
1 Silk Scarf (To weave into hair)
- Brush your hair towards the back of your head, starting at the hairline, gather a chunk of your hair and divide it into 3 equal sections, the left, middle, and right.
- Cross the right section over the middle section, then cross the left section over the middle section.
- Before repeating the crossing, gather an additional strand of hair from the right side of your head and add it to the right section, cross the enlarged right section over the middle section, do the same for the left section. (Make sure the sections of hair you gather are in equal portions or else you may end up with a lopsided braid.)
- Repeat step 3 and continue braiding until the braid has reached the nape of your neck and that there is no more loose hair left.
- After you’re done braiding at the back of your head, finish off the remaining hair with a basic 3-strand braid and secure the ends with an elastic.
- Apply hairspray over your flyaways and smooth it down with your hands.
French braid is a versatile hairstyle that goes well with almost all types of outfits, dress up your braids with a jeweled comb for a wedding ceremony or dress it down with a cute scrunchie to pair with your casual outfits.