Sneakers are one of the most versatile pieces of apparel, they match well with almost all types of clothing, If you’re tired of wearing the same old designs over and over again, here’s a fun idea! Add your personalized touches with this DIY lace sneaker project.
1 Pair of Sneakers
1 Bottle of Fabric Glue
- Stuff the insides of the shoes with tissue paper and remove the shoelaces.
- Place the lace fabric over the shoes and measure out enough lace to cover it. Leave a 2-inch margin and cut the lace fabric with a pair of scissors.
- Squeeze a generous amount of fabric glue onto the sneakers, spread out the glue evenly with a paintbrush and attach the lace fabric.
- Seal the lace by applying an additional layer of glue on top of it with a paintbrush. Let the sneakers sit for 2-3 hours until the glue dries up.
- Use scissors to trim off any excess lace.
With a bit of effort and simple materials, your ordinary sneakers are successfully transformed into a chic, stylish footwear. Pair these shoes with a dress, jeans or skirts for a subtle touch of casual elegance.
Follow our video tutorial above and check out our end results!
Tried making it at home? Share your results with us on Facebook, or Instagram.
Thanks to All That Glitters for sharing her video with us, check out more on her channel.