If you put on makeup everyday your makeup brushes and other tools will need cleaning frequently. All that skincare effort you put in shouldn’t go to waste with dirty makeup brushes. Although cleaning your tools may seem meticulous, worry not, once you learn these easy and quick cleaning hacks you’ll know how to clean makeup brushes at home in a breeze!
Lego Cleaning Hack
- Pour soap solution into a bowl.
- Dip the dirty brush in the soap then scrub it against the lego piece back and forth until stains run off. Repeat this step several times if necessary.
- When your brush is clean of stains, rinse it in water and let it dry.
- The bumps on the legos will reach deep into the brush and clean it thoroughly without damaging the bristles.
Use These Easy-to-Find Ingredients From Your Kitchen
- Pour water in a jar.
- Add in 1 tbsp of white vinegar, 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of dish soap.
- Stir the mixture to combine.
- Place all your dirty makeup brushes into the jar.
- Swirl the brushes around to clean.
- Leave the brushes in the cleaning solution for 2 hours.
- Remove the brushes and rinse in clean water.
- Hang to dry.
- The acid from vinegar cleans the brushes while olive oil keeps brushes soft and prevent them from drying out.
If you enjoyed these two tutorials on how to clean makeup brushes, also check out our tutorials on how to clean your everyday makeup tools!