If you’ve got those leftover yarn from your crochet sitting there and feeling clueless, here are 3 brilliant ideas to make them into useful things! You can use any yarn to create these cute seat cushions and flower vases by following these super easy instructions!
Pom Poms Seat Cushion
- Wound the yarn (in a color of your choice) around three of your fingers for twenty times.
- Cut off the thread and remove it from your hand neatly.
- Take the same-color yarn and cut off around 3 inches.
- Tie it twice around the middle of the yarn spool you created in step 2.
- From the tie, now you have 2 loops of yarn on either side. Slide the scissors through it to cut it open. After you’ve cut each of the 2 loops you have a cute pom pom.
- Trim the pom pom if needed to make the fringes more evenly sphere-shaped.
- Use different-colored yarn and follow steps 1-6 to make around 30 pom poms.
- Fold a piece of felt in half, draw a half-heart shape along the folded edge.
- Cut it out and unfold the felt to reveal a full-heart shape.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the pom poms neatly onto the heart-shaped felt until it covers the entire fabric.
- Place this heart shaped cushion on your office chair, couch or car seats to add a touch of cuteness and comfort.
Upcycled Plastic Cup Flower Vase
- Cut off the rim of the plastic cup, divide and mark the sides of the cup into four equal sections.
- Cut straight downwards at each mark and stop at 1 inch above the cup’s bottom.
- Take the blue yarn and insert one end inside a slit, wind the yarn around one section then insert it into the next slit and around another section, continue this process until you’ve winded the yarn nine times around the cup, cut off excess yarn and secure the ends with glue.
- Repeat step 3 with the pink and orange yarn to create different color patterns and finish off the top again with blue yarn.
- Attach two rolls of double-sided tape around the top and bottom sides of the cup, wind a different colored yarn around the top and bottom nine times, cut off excess thread and secure the ends against the tape.
- Arrange flower bouquet inside this crafty, colorful flower bottle and place it anywhere in your room to instantly brighten up the atmosphere.
Glass Flower Vase
- Starting at the bottom of the bottle, wind double-sided tape around it and continue winding and stop at 1 inch below the top.
- Attach one end of the yarn on the bottom of the bottle and wrap it around the bottle, wrap only one layer of yarn and keep going until you reached the top.
- Cut off the excess yarn and secure the ends onto the tape.