This DIY bed canopy is a splendid way to upgrade your bedroom on a budget. A beautiful, silky canopy draping over your bed accompanied by strings of bright lights will instantly bring a magical touch to the dullest space. Whether you’re looking to makeover your college dorm or home, having this elegant canopy above your bed will ensure you to sleep in extra comfort and feel like a princess.
1. Start by cutting the hula hoop. Use the lighter to heat up the utility knife for 30 seconds, this makes it easier to cut through the hula hoop (Skip this step if your hula hoop is detachable)
2. Through the open ends of the hoop, insert the curtains.
3. Glue the two ends of the hula hoop back together and bind the area with tape.
4. Lay the canopy on a flat surface, spread out the 4 curtain pieces evenly around the hoop.
5. Fold a sheet of paper over vertically then horizontally, open up the paper and place it in the middle of the hoop.
6. Reference the crease of the paper as a guide to mark 4 points around the hoop using a sharpie.
7. Cut out 2 pieces of fishing line 12 inches longer than the diameter of the hoop.
8. Tie one end of the fishing line on a marked point and the other end directly opposite. Tie second fishing line on another marked point and its other end directly opposite. Now you have a criss-cross in the middle of your hula hoop.
9. Cut off 4 pieces of 30-inch long fishing lines and tie the end of each line on a marked point. Then tie the 4 lines together.
10. Install a hook or nail on the wall above your bed and hang the canopy.
11. For additional ornamentation, wrap the feather boa around the hoop, then drape string lights over the canopy. You can also hang the dream catcher on the cross intersection of the strings.
Here comes the best part! Put on your comfy pajamas, close the sheer drapes and enjoy your own little paradise. Lay on your bed and play some soft classical music or read your favorite book. Close off the noise of the world and embrace yourself in the cozy haven you created. This will surely give you a good night’s sleep. 😴
Thanks to All That Glitters for sharing her video with us, check out more on her channel.